Why offer vision Insurance?
With all of the choices available regarding Humana’s associate benefits, vision care is a relatively simple yet valuable benefit, and is important for the well-being and overall health of your associates. Humana is dedicated to preserving employees’ eye health and wellness, while focusing on choice and value.
Vision health impacts overall health
Focusing on the facts of vision
Good visual health plays an extremely important role in contributing to overall health. Periodic eye examinations are an important part of routine preventive healthcare. Because many eye and vision conditions have no obvious symptoms, your employees may be unaware of problems. Early diagnosis and treatment are important for maintaining good vision and preventing permanent vision loss.5 Vision care is essential to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Eye exams can detect symptoms of diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, multiple sclerosis, brain tumors, osteoporosis and rheumatoid arthritis.6
- A vision plan is one of the top five most-desired benefits, after medical insurance, by employees.¹
- More than 75 percent of U.S. residents between age 25 and 64 require some sort of vision correction.²
- Vision problems affect 120 million Americans and cost businesses an estimated $8 billion annual because of reduced productivity.³
- Employers gain up to $7 for every $1 spent on vision coverage.4
- More than 70 percent of Americans reported loss of eyesight as “10” on a scale of 1 – 10, with 10 being the worst thing that could happen to them. It means a loss of independence, mobility and quality of life.4
1. LIMRA International
2. Jobson’s Optical Research
3. Vision Council of America
4. National Eye Institute and Lions Clubs International Foundation
5. American Optometric Association
6. Thompson Media Inc.